Parents, here are several facts that we do not like to admit are true, but they are facts that we cannot deny:
- Most attackers will not be hurt by simple kicks or punches from childen ages 5-12
- Children are soft targets and easy prey
- Self defense courses are not required during general or higher education/schooling. (However Art & Home Economics are required. Hmmm???)
- Cell phones are useless in saving a child. 99% of victims cannot retrieve and/or complete a call during a dangerous situation.
What are options for Children (ages 5-12)?
Glenn discusses an international course that he developed that is being taught in the USA.
The Course includes:
- Kidnapping Defense
- Advanced Child Special Striking
- Bully & Confidence Scenarios
- Apply Their Skill Against Bad Guys (Scenarios)
- Age appropriate Written Exams
What are options for teens and new college students (ages 13-22)?
This group is statistically considered a major “soft target’,
naive about real world violence and constantly bombarded with distractions including cell phones.
Training for teens & college students is both lecture and physical techniques for reality based training.
The curriculum focuses on topics and scenarios that make Teens soft targets for criminals and it is one of our most requested courses especially by parents.
Here’s a few of what is covered.
- SOCIAL MEDIA SAFETY
- SMART PHONES
- TEXTING/EMAIL SAFETY
- SOCIAL SETTINGS & GATHERINGS
- PARKING LOT SAFETY
- ANTI-ABDUCTION TRAINING
- GROUND DEFENSE
- LOCK & RELOCATE
- DEVELOPING EXIT STRATEGIES
- DEFENSES AGAINST KNIFE AND GUN ASSAULTS
(and much more…)
According to the National Crime Survey and Bureau of Statistics,
- 89% of men will or have been victimized by violent crime in their lifetime,
- 73% of the women will or have been victimized by violent crime in their lifetime,
- Every 60 seconds a Child is Abducted/Kidnapped
( NOTE: Only 8% of the women will report a rape )
Download this Podcast. It just might just Save Your Life!
Call The Self Defense Channel and let’s talk about the Self Defense Training that’s right for you
Call Now and Never Walk in Fear Again.
Don’t Become A Statistic
Get Reality Based Self Defense Training. Training Saves Lives.
NOTE: Training is affordable. Training is Fun. Training Saves Lives.
So grab your favorite drink, and listen. This Podcast might just Save Your Life! … and the children you love.
Reality Based Self Defense?
What is Reality Based Self Defense Training? – CLICK HERE (video)
The Self Defense Channel is about Reality Based Self Defense Training.
Our goal is to bring awareness to Self Defense Training, what works, and the differences between martial arts, Hollywood & TV myths, and reality based self defense.
Reality Based Self defense training is fun. But being in a real world encounter without knowing self defense is something you never want to repeat!
About Your Hosts
Greg Pasden –
Not only is Greg an expert in reality based self defense training, he is also
a US veteran with over 22 years of military and combat experience, an international certified instructor and co-owner of COBRA Columbus Self Defense Training – teaching reality based self defense. He is 1 of the 3 original Cane Self Defense Empowerment Coaches in the USA teaching combat cane self defense, an experienced world traveler, an international cargo pilot, a family man,
and creator of The Self Defense Channel.
My name is Doc Stull.
I am a retired educator, ESPN radio host/writer/narrator, spoken-word performer, musician, professional American accent trainer with clients word-wide, founder of American Speech Dynamics and, an Advanced Instructor and 1 of the 3 original Cane Self-Defense Empowerment Coaches.
We truly do not want people to experience the terror of a brutal attack.
It can be physically painful and damaging, as well as mentally damaging.
Please listen and share our podcasts with others.